This past weekend, I attended the Mid-Atlantic Mocha Moms regional conference. I had an absolute ball. Or maybe I didn't. Maybe the fact that I was away from the kids made it so wonderful. Either way, I made the best of my 30 hours away from home. Which includes hanging out all night Friday and not falling asleep until 7am. I did all of this knowing that I needed to be up at 9, 9:30 at the latest. But yet, I did it anyway.
Even with only 2 hours of sleep, I was fine. I enjoyed my breakout sessions, had a good lunch, listened to the keynote speaker without nodding off or anything. I hung out the rest of the day, chilled by the pool for a while before arriving back home at midnight.
I didn't really feel the effects of my all-nighter until my alarm went off for me to get up and get to church on Sunday morning. I felt like I'd been beat up. Stuff ached, my eyes hurt and it felt like Snoop Dogg and Amy Winehouse slept in my mouth. My head was throbbing and I had an incredible case of heartburn. I felt like I'd been drinking for a week. Which is significant because I am not a drinker. I was miserable at church. I run a children's ministry during morning service. I couldn't even get myself together to rustle up a lesson. "Okay, kids. It's free play today. Do what you want to do, just let me sit here on the couch and die. Thanks. And don't eat the crayons."
Really, what was I thinking? In 2008, anyone who's ever seen an episode of "Square Pegs" or "The Renegades" shouldn't be pulling all nighters. It's just a fact of life. That being said, I'm headed to my bedroom to watch tonight's "The Closer" and then I'm going to bed. Many hours before the sun comes up.
Ramble later,
Enid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment